打印

Walmart was punished

Walmart was punished

Walmart, an American supermarket chain, has been having a tough time recently in China, one of its fastest growing markets. 12 stores in the south-western region of chongqing which were closed for two weeks as punishment for mislabelling a pork product. Chinese officials have recently had a pang of food-safety conscience,  and a big foreign firm has offered an easy target.

I think it is the management who want to make more $$$.
In the near future, Walmart might take over the store market.

回复 2楼 的帖子

In my point of view, I think Walmart was punished for several reasons. First one is that the ChongQing GOV want to please the people, to show how good they are. Second one is that the food problem is a huge problem that people are paying a lot of attention to this issue. The third one, probably because of the trading fight between two countries.

Walmart is a first one, and i am sure it will not the last one.

Even if it is big foreign enterprise, it must follow chinese rules.It deserves

it all about political confliction, i think. Like Toyota in the U.S.

回复 5楼 的帖子

I think it not as simple as Toyota case. Just think about it why this thing happened in Chongqing? Who is the big boss of Chongqing now? What's that guy want?

I believe that everything happened because of reasons

Is it really?

I can not imagine that China will focus on safety or something mislabel.....
Or Walmart has not pay money to region official???

i am not sure if anybody would feel bad for walmart.
the majority of the people in canada dislike walmart.
it is destorying the small local business, and it treat its employee like a piece of shit.

i think it woud be hard for the walmart spokeperson.
on top of the labor issue, there is mislabel now!

don't knowing anything about the Walmart in China, it might just happen to be the one that got blamed

it is not happened here in China,

当前时区 GMT+8, 现在时间是 2024-3-29 17:30